Tip Of The Week 2020
Welcome to the Tip of the Week section!
EMS is filled with tips and tricks of the trade! Our goal is to share these tips in order to improve patient care, become more efficient and effective with patient care and provide some information that paramedics may choose to incorporate into their practice!
Have a tip you want to share? Email us at email@example.com.
We have recently changed how the Tip of the Week section of our website works!
You will now find that similar to Ask MAC, you have the option to filter through all of our past Tips of the Week either by Category, or by keywords. The 10 most recent Tips of the Week can be found below:
- TOTW: Latest Oxygen and Airway Recommendations Summary from May 8th OBHG Memo
- TOTW: In cardiac arrest, the SGA remains the preferred method of advanced airway during the COVID-19 pandemic
- TOTW: Intranasal medication during the COVID-19 pandemic
- NEVER STOP LEARNING
- IV before IO?
- Closing the Circuit: Taping the King LT Suction Port
- Visual on Use of Hydrophobic Submicron Filter
- Speak the patient’s language
- TOTW: New CME Resource – Ontario Telemedicine Network (OTN)
- TOTW: Remember to use the Hydrophobic Submicron Filter to Reduce Transmission of COVID-19
Introducing the Featured Tips of the Week
Every so often we will adjust this section to show past Tips of the Week that may have become pertinent again based on various things (The Covid-19 Pandemic for example). This section will showcase those Tips of the Week so you have quick access to them, when you need them most!
Posted on: April 15th, 2020
Here is a video, visually highlighting the use of a hydrophobic submicron filter (HEPA filter) and how it reduces risk of aerosolization as described in our TOTW from March 25, 2020 (here). In this demo they are using an iGel. But the same principle holds with any airway. Check out 1:25, 2:21 and 3:17 if you don’t want to watch the full 4 min.
You can thank PHCS Mike Filiault for this great find!